Re: smartctl trackrecord

Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 09:19:18AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

Anyone using 'smartctl -t long ... ' actually ever encountered errors *before* they showed up in the logs as seek errors?

If so what did you do?

I thought I'd be smart (so to speak) and do a -t long just to see.  One
drive does fine with no problems, the other drive won't complete.  It
reports "aborted by host" with 90% remaining.

I asked both here and directly to the package maintainer but received no
reply.

Doug.

Based on you last post of that problem I am now doing a -t long every so often and always get no errors. But wondered how good that prevention actually is.

Hugo