Re: resize2fs on LVM2 on hardware RAID5

of course, only use XFS with a very reliable and stable OS and power supply. Being non-journalled, and all.

On 1/30/07, Roberto C. Sanchez < roberto@connexer.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 10:21:59PM +0100, Pim Bliek wrote:
> Hi
>
> Since a couple of months I am running Etch on a new production server,
> with the following specs:
>
> - kernel 2.6.18-smp package
> - lvm 2.02.06-3
> - RAID5 on a 3Ware card (3w_9xxx)
>
> I want to grow my /var filesystem ONLINE. I can find tons of docs on
> offline resizing, but I am not in the position to go into single user
> and umount it. This is production.

If you won't be shrinking LVs and want real online resizing support
(i.e., not experimental) then you want XFS.  I know that doesn't help
you out now, but for future reference.

Regards,

-Roberto

--