Re: [TLUG]: running windows via kvm module -- any experiences?

I'm also thinking of trying to run Windows (XP MCE 2005) virtually
(Xen, KVM, or qemu) to operate a USB webcam unsupported under linux.
I'm wondering whether the MS product registration / activation will be
too much of a hassle. My copy of Windows came installed on the box,
but when I reinstall it in a VM, it may think it's on a different
machine. There was a thread about this here not long ago, but I'm not
sure just how difficult explaining the situation to a MS rep over the
phone / net would be.

I also wonder how important performance considerations are in this
situation; all Windows would be doing is reading video from the
camera.

Celejar