Re: Re: Debian, Iceweasle, Firefox!

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 02:05:10AM -0500, Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> If it's really looking for "Firefox" then the only thing I can imagine
> is an anti-IE website done so on purpose.

You would be surprised.  A large number of websites check user-agent
strings so that only "supported" browsers are allowed in.  The most
generally "supported" browsers are IE, Mozilla, Netscape, Safari and now
Firefox.  That is why some sites will give you an "unsupported browser"
error page instead of useful content if you visit with something like
lynx, dillo or Opera.

Regards,

-Roberto

--