Re: spamassassin running as 'nobody' causes problems

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:06:18 -0800
Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:

> howdy folks.

<snip>

> As I understand it, and frmo a little google, spamd changes its
> uid to 'nobody' when it get a message to scan. This causes a
> problem as it tries to update the AWL and bayes database files in
> its $HOME with is nonexistent. One recommendation I found was to
> change the user for spamd from nobody to spamd, and create that
> user for just this purpose. This seems fine, but I don't like to
> migrate too far from default configs. Any other suggestions? is
> there something simple I'm missing here? (probably). is this new
> user, spamd, the way to go or should I be tweaking some other conf
> to make this work.
>
> thanks

I run Sendmail and procmail, along with SpamAssassin.  In
/etc/procmailrc I use:

# Send through SpamAssassin
DROPPRIVS=yes
:0fw
* < 256000

--
Raquel
There is just enough room in the world for all the people in it, but