Re: Ubuntu to Debian Installation

Greetings,

	After attempting to do changeover from Ubtunu 6.06 to Debian "Etch" by
changing sources.list and doing a #apt-get dist-upgrade, I ended up
having to grab the "net-install" image and do the installation that way.
I ran into several problems that become hard to overcome. Some crutial
packages not installed, thus allowing no internet connect to the
mirrors.

	Anyway, installation went smoothly and all existing setups from home
were taken care of.

	Upon reflection, perhaps the straight installation using Debian discs,
rather than trying to do my intial attempt of ubuntu to debian was not
the best idea.

Thanks for all those comments regarding my question on the changeover.
--
Regards,

Stef Daniels VK5HSX             (OpenPGP:0xFDE007F6)
Amateur Radio Station
Adelaide, South Australia
E-mail: vk5hsx@wia.org.au
Member Wireless Inst. of Aust.  (www.wia.org.au)