Re: Is it ok to have and RAID and nonRAID on the same disk?

On Saturday 27 January 2007 10:04, Ramasubramanian Ramesh wrote:
> While I believe it is technically possible to have couple of
> partitions in raid 1 and the rest as plain disk, I am looking
> for advise as to whether this is ok? recommened?

No problem at all.  Our most extreme example is a server
which has nine 200GB drives, most of which is not RAID, but
the small root and boot partitions are nine-way mirrored.

Use any mix or RAID, LVM, and plain that you need, except
you can only boot from plain or RAID1 (or maybe LVM now?)
but certainly not RAID5.

--Mike Bird