Re: Re: Debian, Iceweasle, Firefox!

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 11:25:20PM -0500, Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> I took the time to read through the whole discussion that lead to
> Iceweasel being required for the next release of Debian.  The main point
> of contention seems to have been the graphics.  Debian wants to

My impression was that while the graphics situation was lamentable, that
could be "fixed" by shipping the whole Firefox or just the graphics in
non-free.  However, the policy of Mozilla requiring that if you use
their graphics, you use their binaries, made security support
effectively impossible.  Of course, Debian is not going to knowingly
release something that they know the security has no legal way of
supporting.

Rrgards,

-Roberto
--