Raid trouble

Hi!

I decided to try etch out and use raid-1. All went fine until I mounted one of the raid disks from another debian installation on the same computer, to copy a library. My set up looks like this:

sda ---> / in a sid installation
sdb ---> /home in the sid installation
sdc ---> first disk in the raid cluster where the etch installation is
sdd ---> second disk in the raid cluster where the etch installation is

When on the sid installation, I did this:

mount /dev/sdc3 /mnt/raid
cp -a /mnt/raid/me/photolibrary /home/anotherme/
umount /mnt/raid

When I logged back into my etch+raid installation, I had massive fs errors and had to do fsck manually. Now my question is: did I cause this simply by mounting one of the raid partitions, or did I encounter a bug in etch?

If I casued it on my own, what is the proper way to copy information from a raid partition when on another installation?

Please help!

Yours gratefully,

landhaj

Finding fabulous fares is fun.