Re: Debian, Iceweasle, Firefox!

27-01-2007, Ron Johnson:

> On 01/27/07 00:57, Oleg Verych wrote:
>> 26-01-2007, Piotr Dziubinski пишет:
>> []
>>
>> Hi, Pete.
>>
>>> I'm very irritated and disappointed with your policy! Why?
>>>
>>> I've used various Linux distributions for 8 years. I've been using Debian
>>> for the last 6 months, but today I changed my mind!
>>
>> Poor man ;) Seriously, i've had enough from mozilla/firefox looooong
>> ago: screen, lynx, slrn, mutt are my friends.
>>
>> See? No hands... ups X Window, it's magic!
>
> So, what's it like in 1994?  :)

Not at all! Unless this is irony, i can talk about what i've got finally.
In short: keyboard has almoust all keys in function(not 3 or 5 ;), there are may
kinds of terminal emulators: getty/linux, xterm and such, offtopic
system(putty).

So, it's very flexible, reliable, client independent. Maximum, what i
needed from X were: blackbox(with bbkeys) and 4-5 desktops, like
gettys in text mode. Everything else was the same, except, maybe, xpdf.

____