Re: Debian, Iceweasle, Firefox!

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:54:34 -0500
"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 12:44:13AM +0100, Piotr Dziubinski wrote:
> > I'm irritated cause I expect that operating system will ask me
> > about such kind of changes.
> > It is a reason why I have started to use Linux. I want to have
> > complete control in all changes made in my operating system. As
> > You mentioned, Iceweasel isn't real Firefox.
> > If I knew that upgrade of Firefox, would change my Firefox into
> > Iceweasel,
> > I<http://www.google.pl/search?hl=pl&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mo
> > zilla:en-US:official&hs=P3u&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd
> > =1&q=wouldn%27t&spell=1>wouldn't do it!
> >
> Out of curiousity, how did you not realize that Iceweasel was
> going to get installed?  Do you not pay attention to what packages
> are to be installed on your system?  You are running Etch or Sid,
> correct?  You do realize that they are not stable and subject to
> volatile changes at times.  Correct?
> Regards,
> -Roberto

There's also the matter of just blindly hitting the <ENTER> key when
apt/aptitude asks about replacing one package with another.  If you
want to be in control then you need to read the messages or pay the

Man's fear of ideas is probably the greatest dike holding back human
knowledge and happiness.
  --Morris Leopold Ernst