Re: AMD64 Etch DVD jigdo download failed due to missing file..

From: Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com>
To: mikef20000@hotmail.com
CC: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: AMD64 Etch DVD jigdo download failed due to missing file..
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:32:32 +0000

In article <[🔎] BAY135-F114D976C2B78352085A2BB91A20@phx.gbl> you write:

>>From: Jon Dowland <lists@alcopop.org>
>>To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>>Subject: Re: AMD64 Etch DVD jigdo download failed due to missing file..
>>Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:20:26 +0000
>>
>>On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 11:18:35AM +0000, Michael Fothergill wrote:
>> > It went OK for a while but this morning when I checked the machine it
>> > had died with the Aaargh missing file error message.
>>
>>Which file?
>
>OK, Here is a little bit of output:
>
>1 files not found in previous pass, trying
>alternative download locations:
>
>--08:54:59--
>http://us.cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/snapshot/Debian/pool/main/a/a
>fio/afio_2.5-3_amd64.deb
>           =>
>`debian-testing-amd64-binary-1.iso.tmpdir/us.cdimage.debian.org/cd
>image/snapshot/Debian/pool/main/a/afio/afio_2.5-3_amd64.deb'
>Resolving us.cdimage.debian.org... 83.142.228.128
>Connecting to us.cdimage.debian.org|83.142.228.128|:80... connected.
>HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
>Length: 80,712 (79K) [application/x-debian-package]
>
>100%[====================================>] 80,712        72.45K/s
>
>08:55:01 (72.29 KB/s) -
>`debian-testing-amd64-binary-1.iso.tmpdir/us.cdimage.deb
>ian.org/cdimage/snapshot/Debian/pool/main/a/afio/afio_2.5-3_amd64.deb' saved
>[80 712/80712]
>
>Found 0 of the 1 files required by the template
>Copied input files to temporary file `debian-testing-amd64-binary-1.iso.tmp'
>- r epeat command and supply more files to continue

>Aaargh - 1 files could not be downloaded. This should not
>happen! Depending on the problem, it may help to retry downloading
>the missing files.
>Also, you could try changing to another Debian or Non-US server,
>
>*******************************
>
>I think the missing file must be
>
>afio_2.5-3_amd64.deb
>
>but I am not completely sure because it seems to say it saved it. Maybe it
>doesn't actually name the file it can't find.....

It did download the file, but it didn't match the expected
checksum. I've just checked on the snapshot server, and it looked like
the file had (mistakenly) been replaced by one of the same name from
the unofficial amd64 sarge release. I've fixed that, so if you try
again it should now work.

I did and it worked fine. I have just burned the DVD. Thanks for the help. I will send copies of any further problems in this area to the debian-cd list.

mikef

In future, please copy the debian-cd list on any problems you have
with ISOs and/or jigdos. I do check debian-user from time to time so I
can help with any problem reports, but you may have to wait a while
for a response. I read debian-cd directly.

Let me know if you have any more problems...

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK. steve@einval.com
"I suspect most samba developers are already technically insane... Of

Get Hotmail, News, Sport and Entertainment from MSN on your mobile. http://www.msn.txt4content.com/