AMD64 Etch DVD jigdo download failed due to missing file..

Dear Debianists,

I ran jigdo lite to download the first DVD of the Etch AMD64 RC1 release.

It went OK for a while but this morning when I checked the machine it had died with the Aaargh missing file error message.

Jigdo tells you that it can't get a file and this should not happen. But if it does then the files on the server no longer match those in the jigdo template file (or something like that). But before concluding this you are told to try downloading again from other mirror sites in case this fixes the problem.

It did not.

It said in that case that you might be able to fix this by using rsync. I have no experience of using rsync.

At present I am now downloading the same DVD image but this time I am using bittorrent.

Comments appreciated.

Regards

Michael Fothergill