Re: Debian Installation Problem

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 03:33:53PM +0200, Nikolai Todorov wrote:
> Hello,
> recently I had a big problem with the net isntallation of Debian 31r4
> sarge. I just cannot connect to internet... During the installation i
> wrote my IP( it is static IP), my gateway, my subnet mas and dns. The
> istallation could not connect to the i-net, i had errors like "failed
> to fetch" or "temporary unavailable"... I tried to do it myself. I
> changed the /etc/apt/sources.list, tried with 3 mirrors from my
> country, 2 from US and 2 from Germany.. ifconfig seem to be OK,
> /etc/network/interfaces too.. I just can`t find where the problem is.
> I would be very greceful if You can help me!
>
> With best regards!

Hi Nikolai,
one way to avoid this issue during installation is to use instead the
first cd of the Sarge installation rather than the smaller netinstall or
business card isos. This way you get a basic system installed and then
you can address any network issues later with all the needed tools.
cheers,
Kev
|   my keysever: subkeys.pgp.net |     my NPO: cfsg.org         |