Re: lrc files: ASCII text?

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 01:41:44PM -0300, Victor Munoz wrote:

> Now the Debian part:-)
>
> The command 'file' on the sample lrc says: 'ASCII English text, with
> CRLF line terminators'. The file from the web says: 'ASCII English
> text'. The file I have is 'ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators'.
> The first trial was with a version wich was 'ASCII text', and nothing
> either. First I thought it was a CRLF issue, but it is not. What about
> the 'English' tag. How does file knows it is English or non-English.
> In fact, my problematic song is a Japanese one, but lyrics are
> written in romanized form, no weird characters. I don't know what else
> to do, so any help will be appreciated.

Ok, I'll reply to myself, in case anybody wants to know out there...
The problem was, surprisingly, the length of the file name. The
problematic song had 28 characters in its basename. Problem arises
somewhere between 19 and 28 chars (haven't experimented). I cut the
filenames of the mp3 and the lrc, and lyrics were loaded by the
player. Weird indeed.

Regards,

Victor