apt-listbugs behavior (was libpangocairo and gimp...)

I didn't read the beginning of the thread, but it looks like you're
hijacking... :(

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 10:29:00AM -0800, tom arnall wrote:
> i tried to upgrade this morning but got the following right after fetching the
> stuff:
>
> 	Fetched 5428kB in 40s (133kB/s)
> 	Reading package fields... Done
> 	Reading package status... Done
> 	Retrieving bug reports... Done
> 	Parsing Found/Fixed information... Done
> 	grave bugs of ucf (2.0017 -> 2.0018) <pending>
> 	 #407963 - Syntax error in /usr/bin/ucfr
> 	grave bugs of desktop-base (0.3.20 -> 4.0.0) <pending>
> 	 #407799 - desktop-base: /etc/defaults/kdm.d/10_desktop_base \
> 	 overrides configure d login desktop without warning on upgrade
> 	serious bugs of netbase (4.27 -> 4.28) <pending>
> 	 #407538 - netbase: /etc/networks should not be a conffile
> 	Are you sure you want to install/upgrade the above packages? [Y/n/?/...]  n

you can revie the bugs by entering their bug numbers at the prompt
above. It will allows you to determine if they will affect you or
not. For example, the netbase bug, IIRC is pretty minor as far as its
effect on systems. A quick read should tell you whether you need to
work about it. Also, you can hold specific packages so that the rest
of the upgrade can continue.

> the rest of it:
>
> 	****************************************************************************
> 	****** Exit with an error by force in order to stop the installation. ******

this is normal. you told it not to install...

[snipped typical dpkg errors and aptitude output...]

> is the solution simply to wait until the repository deals w' the situation, or
> is the problem on my end?

depends on what you're trying to do. You can wait, though new bugs may
be reported as the old ones are fixed. I suggest you hold the packages
in question and proceed with the upgrade.

.02