Re: Handy Bash alias script

Wesley J. Landaker(wjl@icecavern.net) is reported to have said:
> On Saturday 20 January 2007 10:46, Wayne Topa wrote:
> > I like to use real world examples.  If you want to play then
> > go ahead.
> >
> > alias pslpt="cat $1 | psnup -2 -pletter | lpr"
>
> This doesn't work in bash, it would be expanded like this:
>
> $ psplt arg1
>   => cat | psnup -2 -pletter | lpr arg1

Really?  Thats in alias in my .bashrc file. Humm.  I use that
all the time to print Dataheets and make them into 4x5 booklets.
Haven't dont any in 6 months or so but I'll try another now.  Yep
still works here.

I just tried it on a Doc that it does not work on though.
The "Linux Hardware Compatabibility HOWTO" did not print 2 up.
Knowing little about the makeup of postscript, I would guess there is
somethig in the file to defeat 2 up printing.

Anyway, it works with the bash I am running on testing but YMMV.

Wayne

--
Home is where the computer is plugged in.