RE: Debian instalation

My comments:

- During installation, it asks you for a single word hostname, and you put
a FQDN.
- You chose manual partitioning, but the partition scheme you created
could have been done through guided partitioning.
- You go through a lot of trouble to run Bind in a chroot jail.  However,
you don't explain why you do it, and you don't explain the steps you're
taking.  Since this is supposed to be a beginner's howto, beginners won't
learn anything if you don't explain.  Personally, I'd get rid of Bind
and run a leaner, more secure DNS server, like PowerDNS.
- Since you're installing dovecot, there's no need to install saslauthd.
Dovecot has its own SASL authentication daemon.
- Since you're creating SSL certs, you shouldn't allow plaintext auth.
You should require TLS/SSL for plaintext auth.
- Under Spamassassin configuration, you created a user called spamfilter,
But in the postfix configuration, you're starting the spamchk script as
user filter.  Most like a typo.

Also, overall, there's very little in the way of helpful explanation
for someone new to Debian, which the document is supposed to be addressing.

-- Kevin