Used swap increasing after waking up from hibernate in Etch

Every time my laptop wakes up from hibernate, I observe that my used
swap has increased by approximately 2MB. I am seeing the usage of swap
using the "top" command.

Just to test it out, I did hibernate->wakeup->hibernate->wakeup without
running any other application in between. I did not even change the
workspace.

My computer is a Thinkpad R51 with 512+256 MB ram & a 2GB swap.

Eventhough an increase of 2MB in used swap is not a big amount, I am
just curious to know if this is expected or any of my settings are
incorrect.

My Etch is just a out of the box install with the kernel as

Linux DebianEtch 2.6.18-3-686 #1 SMP

Please let me know if I need to tweak something or this behaviour is
expected.

Thanks
Raghu