Re: Why there is no space left on root partition?

On Thursday 18 January 2007 20:28, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 01/18/07 18:24, Stephen Cormier wrote:
> >>
> >> That tells me you should not be using X as root.
> >>
> >> Yes you can remove the file... ti probably is full of warnings to not
> >> run "certain program as root".
> >
> > Either that or he is running programs like kaffeine, kplayer, kmplayer,
> > avidemux ... anything video related it seems which just pile a ton of
> > junk into the .xsessions-errors. The same partition full happened to me
> > running as normal user so using root has nothing to do with it really
> > after I removed the file I linked it to /dev/null which solved the
> > problem.
>
> Linking an important log file to /dev/null is kinda risky, no?

Well it was either the linking or have it continue to fill up the partition,
this was the only time I have ever had to deal with the file in the many
years I have been using GNU/Linux. I figure if I ever need to get some
information out of it I will logout of X unlink and see if I can reproduce
the error again.

Stephen
--
GPG Pubic Key: http://users.eastlink.ca/~stephencormier/publickey.asc