Re: Motherboard Socket AM2 Asus M2NPV-VM and Debian

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 04:57:42PM -0300, piter wrote:
> Hi, i am about to buy a pc whit this motherboard:
> *Motherboard Socket AM2* Asus M2NPV-VM DDR2/Vid+DVI+PCIe/R.SATA2/1394/Glan
> I have found comments about some problems for Asus motherboards with
> Debian (with sound and some kernel releases.)
> I woluld like to know if anybody of you have experimented problems with
> this motherboard and if you could fix it...
>
> Thank you in advance
> piders

I don't know about that board.  I'm running Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe socket
AM2, AMD Athlon 3800+.  It will take 8 GB ram, has 2 Gb eth, 10 USB, 2
firewire, 7 internal SATA and one eSATA.  It controlls all my case fans
and has good sound.  I'm running an Asus EN7300GT-silent 256 MB video
card.  I running Etch amd64 with the nVidia X driver.

Note that you will need Etch to access the SATA drives.

Doug.