Re: How to install Flash Player 9 on Debian Etch

Hello Lists,

is there a 86_64 version ?

Jerome

Kent West wrote:
Reid Priedhorsky wrote:
Hi all,

Flash Player 9 for Linux came out of beta yesterday. I had a little hiccup
installing it on my Etch box, so I thought I'd share my solution to spare
you the hiccup. I use Firefox version 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.7-2.

The installer will ask "Please enter the installation path...", and when
you enter the correct path, /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox, it will complain:

  WARNING: Please enter a valid installation path.

This is because it is looking for /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/components,
which does not exist (and which Flash does not apparently need). You can:

1. Create the directory. The installer will be happy.

or

2. Skip the (lame) installer and copy libflashplayer.so to
/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins yourself. (I haven't tried this.)

I just fed the path "/usr/lib/iceweasel" to the installer program, and
it was happy.

--
Jerome BENOIT
jgmbenoit_at_mailsnare_dot_net