Re: Debian on Toshiba 2500CDS

Mitch,

What OS is it running now?

What password do you have problems with?

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 10:13 -0800, Mitchell Verter wrote:
> ]
> I just got a great deal on a Toshiba 2500CDS:
>
> The seller told me that he does not know the user/password.  Is there
> way to crack this?
>
> If not, what would be a good Debian distribution to install and from
> where would I download it?  It is not a recent machine, 256MB, 2GB
> Hard
> Drive, 233 MHz Pentium processor.
> http://209.167.114.38/ISG/pastproducts/html/satellite/satellite_2500cds_spec.html
>
> Also, any thoughts about putting Windows NT on a second partition?
No you would not be able to put NT or XP on the second partition. The
spec of the machine is too low and the drive is too small. Win 98 is
your best choice.

> Will I be able to run XP programs on NT?  Where can I get a copy of
> NT?
XP is not longer support it by MS, try e-bay or your local computer shop
they may have a copy of win 98.

-