Re: Server recommendations?

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 13:14 +0100, Richard wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 16.01.2007, 09:59 +0100 schrieb Stefan Bellon:
> > Greg Folkert wrote:
> >
> > > I've been running this:
> > >
> > >         HP Proliant DL145 G2
> > >         http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantdl145/
> > >
> > > Since May 2006, of course I don't have a REALLY fast one. But the
> > > machine supports 1 or 2 processors (single or Dual core) and 32GB of
> > > memory. It is a 1U machine with a PCIe and a PCI-X slot.
> I do have three of them downstairs, but I do have SERIOUS trouble with
> PCI-X-SCSI-Controllers (Testet LSI-Logig and Adaptec-Chipsets)
>
> Got Kernel-Oooops and even Panics....

There are VERY recent BIOS and Firmware updates to fix issues regarding
some Kernel oops and panics. Not just from HP but also from LSI and
Adaptec.

Some as recent as December 26 for HP's stuff and one even as recently
updated for Adaptec's stuff (though it might not be publicly available
right now)

You'd prolly want to update the firmware. And probably want to get a
newer kernel than Sarge has. Etch would be a good candidate.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux