Re: Installing realplayer plugin for Firefox - help

On Sun, January 14, 2007 20:42, michael.s.gilbert@gmail.com wrote:
> the easiest way is to use the debian-multimedia archive.  add "deb
> http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch main" to /etc/apt/source.list,
> then do "apt-get update && apt-get install w32codecs totem-mozilla" as
> root.  this will install multimedia plugin support for
> iceweasel/mozilla as well as the supporting realplayer codec.

Great!  I had more or less given up on the same problem. Helix wouldn't play
radio, Realplayer10 from the real site cannot be installed in etch because of
missing libraries.  But www.debian-multimedia.org solved it.  In addition to
the w32codecs, I had to remove the helix player and install the realplayer
version from d-multimedia, but then it worked perfectly.

Thanks for the advice:  I'll even try it on the laptops now, though it's
usually impossible to set up sound on them.

--
richard