Re: Are 'etch' and 'testing' still one and the same?

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 01:37:50PM -0500, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I ask because I just did my weekly aptitude update (with 'testing' in my
> sources.list - with one exception) and got a whole load of updates, even
> though people say etch is frozen.

Freezing seems not to mean no changes; it seems to mean just fixing
bugs.

> The exception is that the sources.list lines getting security updates refer
> to etch; should they refer to 'testing'?  Something else?

Probably etch, if you want to run etch after etch and testig separate.
If you want to go on with testing, well, the security team has
traditionally supported stable, not testing.  I gather they are
supporting etch now just to be ready for when it turns stable.

-- hendrik