Re: dpkg-reconfigure command to reconfigure the network?

--- Bruno Buys <bruno.grupos@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am missing the dpkg-reconfigure command to
> reconfigure the network
> interfaces. I am moving from dhcp to static ip
> address, and I need that
> dpkg dialog.
> Can someone here recall that? The machine is sarge.
> thanks much!

Have you tried editing /etc/network/interfaces?  It
should look something like this:

# This file describes the network interfaces available
on your system
# and how to activate them. For more information, see
interfaces(5).

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
address 192.168.1.1
netmask 255.255.255.0
broadcast 192.168.1.255
network 192.168.1.0

If you edit this file, the changes in settings will be
made the next time you bring the network interfaces up.