dri with radeon x200

Hi,

I'm using debian testing on my laptop that has x200 graphics chipset. With the ati proprietary drivers, 3D acceleration is working but those drivers don't support AIGLX, so I would like to use free radeon drivers. The problem is that I cannot get dri working with the free drivers. The only error message in xorg.0.log is "(EE) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable" and it says that dri module is loaded but glxinfo reports that dri is not working. What could be the problem here?