Re: 2.4 series kernel on Sid

celejar wrote:
Is there a relatively straightforward way to install a 2.4 series kernel on Sid?
I currently use unstable repos and would like to do a complete
dist-upgrade, but I still have some old stuff, including a 2.4.27
kernel which I can't afford to lose, since X doesn't work correctly on
2.6 kernels on my system [0, 1].

Celejar

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2006/12/msg01860.html

Hmm, have you tried installing the kernel-image type of kernel and see if it gives you errors?

I know the boys from Sidux (sidux.com) use a modified kernel, if they have this bug licked, it might be worth it to add their repos to your default Sid's and move to sidux. (ask in the #sidux in the IRC (OFTC server).

--

KISS protocol - Keep It Simple, Stupid
PII 266 128 MB RAM - Sid (Sidux) - IceWM/Ratpoison