Re: IP Address networking - best way?

On 1/12/07, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
I believe that when you brought this up before you were told that eth0
and eth0.0 are the same thing and that was the problem. you need
either eth0 and eth0.1 or eth0.0 and eth0.1. If it wasn't you,
sorry. :)

Yes this was me who originally brought this up. After waiting nearly
three days for the datacenter to get eth0 back up and running I am
just being overcautious with this to 'try' and avoid any issues coming
up again.

change this to eth0.0 and then auto eth0.1 should work. note that I
haven't tested this, just recalling the previous thread on this
topic. check recent archives (maybe two weeks).

Got it - thanks!
--
Regards
Justin Hartman