Re: drivers in linux

On 1/11/07, jdaues <jdaues@unm.edu> wrote:

[snip]

I've only started using Debian in the last week, so be warned.
But so far the closest thing I see to a device manager is a package
called module-assistant:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/module-assistant

Module-assistant is a Debian-specific tool for the building and
installing of drivers that Debian packages as source code - a very
small minority of drivers. Most drivers are included in kernel
packages (binary or source) , either built in to the kernel or as
modules, as other posters have explained, and m-a is irrelevant to
them.

Celejar