Re: drivers in linux

Andrew,
	This works way, way, way differently in linux.

	If you type "dmesg", after a clean boot, you'll get a report
of every driver that started up.

	If you type "ifconfig -a", you can get a list of all configured
network cards.

	If you type "lsmod", you'll get a list of all loaded kernel drivers.

	Most hardware will be auto-detected, and the debian linux kernel
comes with just about every hardware driver available, so on most systems,
you shouldn't need to "manage" your devices in that way. Most third-party
linux drivers can be installed without too much trouble; it's *really* easy
if they've been debianized. But this is too big of a topic to cover in one
email / HOWTO; you really need to go through the process a few times with a
few different types of drivers to get the hang of it. If there's something
specific you need to install, I'd advise you start your learning there. :-)

	Cheers,
		Tyler