Re: exim4

Andrew Critchlow wrote:

> Does exim4 not accept any client connections such as pop3/imap/web
> interface or do you have to install 3rd part applications for this
> functionality?

exim is a MUA, not an MDA.  You will need to install other programs[1] if
users need to check their mail remotely.

> I am busy learning exim4 for a competition where I may get asked common
> configuration tasks, does anyone know of the common configuration tasks?

Given that every site is fairly unique, how common are we talking?

[1] Programs are specific titles, applications are categories of software.
Word processing is an application, not a program; OpenOffice Writer is a
program, not an application.