Re: When login, get error: configuration error - unknown item 'FAIL_DELAY' (notify administrator)

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 05:37:44PM +0100, csanyipal wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 07:55:35AM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 03:24:46PM +0100, csanyipal wrote:
>
> > > .. login: unknown configuration item `CLOSE_SESSIONS'
> >
> > -----^^^^^
> > crucial information, IMO. I would check /etc/login.defs, in sid its
> > full of comments about variables being moved and then going away. I
> > didn't see any of these specifically, but maybe its a clue.
>
> I edit /etc/login.defs now, and comment those lines with these
> variables - put '#' in front of the line whit these variables.
> Than I log out from Vterm and login back on it.
>
> The error messages gone.
>
> I don't know about these variables, and I ask you that, is this
> solution abowe OK for security reason?

I have no idea. You'll have to research that yourself. obviously a
that conf file has changed from sarge to etch. review the changelogs
for login, maybe review man login or man login.defs if they exist etc.