Re: how to prevent these windows within web pages

Hello.

H.S., 10.01.2007 18:41:
> If I go to this web page, I get a window within the web page and I have
> to click on "close window" to get rid of it:
> http://linux.sys-con.com/read/32640.htm
>
> How are these kind of windows implemented? Java script?

Correct. There is an element created dynamically including content which gets
inserted into the static document.

Interesting to know that my Iceweasel just dies instead of loading the page to
the bitter end.

> And how do I
> prevent these kind of windows on Mozilla and Firefox?

You could just deactivate JavaScript and prevent yourself from losing a lot of
hair. Maybe there’s an extension for Firefox which lets you enable JavaScript
only for specific pages after that. I’m using this feature in my Opera and I’m
pretty happy with it.

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules