Re: Can I change motherboard without reinstal ling sarge

Since the original problem appears to be a hang shortly after attempting to read the BIOS, I kinda doubt that this trick will work. The poster stated that attempting to boot Sarge, "it" says BIOS check fails. I wonder if this is the BIOS itself, and Debian isn't even in the picture yet?

I'd suggest getting a Live CD or Debian Rescue CD or even a floppy and see if you can get your system to boot a Linux system (or DOS, heaven forbid, though FreeDOS is a good alternative) at all.

You should also run your BIOS setup program and verify that it's correctly configured for the motherboard/hard disks/etc. that you in fact have available.

Bob