Re: Debian unstable DVD-s

Nedavno Albert Dengg pise:

| well, as an alternative to the option of the previous poster (run a
| netinstall), you could also use jigdo to download the images for the
| testing distribution, which should not be much difference to
| unstable...
|
| though, it is probably faster to run a netinstall (unless you plan to
| install multiple installs, in which case you could also use some sort
| of proxy (either a specialiced one for apt, or an aproprialtly
| configured http/ftp proxy). downloading all packages will most of the
| time be and overkill, since you will only need a fraktion of them.

Yes, I knew that. But then when I need to install something new (and I
do from time to time) I end up needing to download lots of MB (one
package depends on other, and so on...) Not practical on dial-up. And I
can not bother my friend every time, or take my desktop to a coffee shop
(and they do not have Internet connection where I am).

So the most practical is to download everything once a year, or, as I
found now, ask someone to download and burn DVD-s for me for a small
fee (check here http://www.discountlinuxdvd.com/debian.htm 4 DVD set for
just $7.00). I asked this guy, and he is willing to download and burn
DVD-s for me. I just have to mail him a link where from he can download
Debian sid.

| however, you can download the jigdo files for testing from here:
| http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/#which
|
| (you will also find a description on how to do it there)

I know about jigdo, I used it last year, but now whoever was
responsible for creating .jigdo and .template files for unstable / sid
stopped updating files:

ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/sid-dvd/jigdo/

I found some German sites offering Debian sid DVD-s but for ~$35. So it
is possible to get sid, and I am just asking here if anyone knows how
to do that.

--
     /__/  /    \      ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **