Re: Debian unstable DVD-s

Ivan Imperl wrote:
I am on a slow dial-up connection to the Internet, and I use (at home)
Debian unstable. Last year I used jigdo to download 3 DVD-s from my
friend with cable Internet. Now it seems that .jigdo files for Debian
sid are outdated.

Is there a way to download all packages needed for latest Debian sid
(again on a relatively slow 256K connection)? How do I create .jigdo
files?

In short how do I download all packages needed for Debian unstable /
sid, and burn it on DVD-s?

Download a network installer and install exactly what you need. It won't be real fast but it's doable. That's how my desktop systems are built. With my laptops I go to a coffee shop where I sometimes can get a little faster access.

Paul Scott