Re: Another Xorg in Etch question...

Hi Digby,
On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 06:40:54AM +0000, Digby Tarvin wrote:
> It looks like the X.org display driver for the AMD Geode LX I am
Cool, where did you get a geode?
> The driver
> does appear to have made it into Ubuntu
I'd try to find an Ubunut version that would be compatible with Debian X.org.
You can try 'dpkg -i' installing it or extracting the files with dpkg -X
IIRC and then moving the relevent file to the correct X location. This
is of course if you have no problem with the possible risks.

> I am installing Etch, and in view of the current install problems
> have installed the following packages
> 	x-window-system-core
> 	x-window-system
> 	xserver-xorg-input-kbd/mouse
> 	xserver-xorg-video-vesa
> and done dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg. This seems to allow 'startx' to
> work, but I still havn't got to the point of getting the system to come
> up to an xdm login, so I suppose I have missed something :-(
Xdm is not installed with those, so you'd have to install the xdm
package.
Cheers,
Kev
| : :' :      The  Universal     |   'under construction'   |