Re: Does XFS work with LVM?

On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 08:43:35AM -0700, Wesley J. Landaker wrote:

> If you don't want ext3, reiserfs is the only alternative if you want to be
> able to shrink. JFS and XFS cannot shrink, only grow.

Though, depending on your application, that might be just fine.  Where I
am working now, there is no way we would ever be able to or need to
shrink a filesystem, so XFS or JFS are great choices.  We also deal with
gigantic files, so ext3 and reiserfs are less efficient and more
limiting.

Regards,

-Roberto

--