Re: Does XFS work with LVM?

Marko Randjelovic wrote:
Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
That is correct.  You cannot make XFS shrink, only grow.  However, this
does not prevent you from using it on LVM.  You just can't make the
logical volumes any smaller, only larger.  Out of curiousity, why XFS?
Why not ext3?

And why ext3? I would never recommend it, since it eats you 10% of the partition. I don't remember the exact number, but it's around that. So if you have partition of 10GB, if you format the partition with reiserfs, JFS, XFS, you have 10GB. With ext3 you have 9GB.

Are you talking about reserved blocks?
If that is the case take a look at the -m switch for mkfs.ext3

/Magnus