Re: How to cool my cpu temperature?

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
On Friday 05 January 2007 09:57, Marko Randjelovic wrote:
surachai locharoen wrote:
it has sound "woe woe weo"

--
Than fan of your CPU is not working well. Just to make sure, if you
don't have windows, try Knoppix or some other CD bootable distro. If it

Just to expand on this fact, if it in fact turns out to be a fan problem,
replace it ASAP. Otherwise it can damage your processor. Replacing a fan is
much much cheaper than replacing a processor.

hth
raju
I can claim firsthand experience with exactly that. Box overheated. Fried capacitors. Required new motherboard and CPU. Fortunately I was able to get a similar MB, only slight upgrade, so I was able to use my old memory and didn't have to replace that, too. If the problem is the power supply (mine was) it is much cheaper to replace the PS now than the MB in a few weeks. Other fans and heatsinks are still less expensive than a new CPU (and, possibly, MB).

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com