Consistent look across QT applications

Hello everybody,

I recently changed my laptop and took the opportunity to make a clean
install of sid. At installing lyx (with the qt) frontend I noticed that
it looks really weird, not at all like it used to before the reinstall,
when it used to look more like kde apps. So I started digging and
finally managed to get it closer to kde apps by making a few changes in
my .qt/qtrc (via qt3-qtconfig).

Now my question is, wouldn't it be much better if qt apps would have a
consistent look, whether they are kde or pure qt apps?

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)