Re: Alsa needs reconfiguration after every reboot
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Alsa needs reconfiguration after every reboot
- From: Andrei Popescu <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 19:09:18 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 17:19:55 +0100 (CET)
Ferry Toth <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I have the same problem (Debian Etch 2.6.18).
> I have traced it back to /etc/init.d/alsa-utils not being called.
> See: /etc/alsa/modprobe-post-install.d/alsa-utils
> In my confiration ALSA should be configured from UDEV. But since the
> snd_maestro3 module is already loaded alsa-utils is not called and
> the sound volume is low is can hardly be heard.
> After running alsa-utils manually the volume is fine.
> (discover runs before alsa and says snd_maestro3 already loaded).
> The trick seems to be to prevent the sound modules from being loaded
> at boot, and have udev handle everything.
> But how do I prevent modules from being loaded?
> I must admit I have no idea what causes these modules to be loaded in
> the first place. They are not in /etc/modules...
Do you have alsa-base installed?
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.