Re: Graphic Card

On Thu January 4 2007 19:51, Danesh Daroui wrote:
> Now another question. I am using NVIDIA and last time I selected "NV" it
> didn't work properly. Is there any way to force to autodetecttion mode?
> Or, what option should I choose if I have NVIDIA graphic card?

The nv driver should work with your nvidia card for 2D graphics. If you want
to do any gaming or anything that requires 3D graphics you'll need to install
the nvidia kernel module. Those modules are available in etch and sid in the
non-free and contrib repo's, look for nvidia*

If your running sarge you need to build those modules yourself, it's easy to
do if you have module-assistant installed. First run "m-a prepare" and m-a
will prepare your box to build those modules and then "m-a a-i nvidia" to
build those modules, create an nvidia*.deb and install it. Once that is done
run dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 (or xorg) and choose the nvidia driver.