Re: TCP wrapper and sendmail

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 09:05:05AM -0600, Amal Phadke wrote:
> I would like to reject mails from IPs without reverse DNS
> with "sendmail: ALL EXCEPT UNKNOWN" line in
> /etc/hosts.allow. (Mail originating from such IPs is
> almost exclusively spam).

A rule like "ALL EXCEPT UNKNOWN" will not permit connections
from bad-rdns hosts, but there's nothing that will stop them
afterwards. You need either sendmail: ALL in /etc/hosts.deny
or sendmail: PARANOID.

Debian did have "ALL: PARANOID" in /etc/hosts.deny for a
while, maybe this is what has changed for you?

--
Jon Dowland