Re: Possible/reasonable to switch from unstable to etch at this point and track etch/stable going forward?

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 04:49:16PM -0800, RParr wrote:
> I have sid/unstable installed at the moment.
>
> I would like to change this to etch, and stick with etch/stable for awhile.
>
> What, if any, differences are there between etch, unstable, and sid at
> the moment (as Debian gears up for the next stable release)?
>
> Is it possible / reasonable to change my sources.list entries from sid
> and/or unstable to etch at this point?

Generally, downgrading is not supported by individual packages.  Trying
to downgrade the whole distro might be a tall order.  I did once on a
machine a long time ago.  Much of your success will depend on your
particular combination of packages.  It is hard to be any more precise
though as there are far too many variables to consider.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez