Re: Installation fails on Toshiba 410CDT

On Tuesday 02 January 2007 16:01, Stephen wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 01:56:33PM -0500 or thereabouts, Kamaraju Kusumanchi
wrote:
> > On Tuesday 02 January 2007 13:40, Stephen wrote:
> > > Any ideas on how to install Debian on this laptop ? The installer
> > > mentions using some other methods, but since this baby isn't networked,
> > > I can't do a netinstall. :(
> >
> > If it has a floppy drive, you can use floppies to install Debian.
> > However, for this kind of machine, Please take a look at Damn Small Linux
> > as it might have less requirements than Debian itself.
>
> Hi Kamaraju:
>
> Yes it does, in fact it boots from it. Where can I find all the floppies
> needed to do a base install of stable ? Then I'll be able to point
> apt to my CDs in my sources.list.
>
> Thanks.

http://www.debian.org/distrib/floppyinst points to the installation manaul
which can be found at http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual .
It has all the instructions on how to prepare floppies etc.,

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/

Affordable Health Insurance
Health insurance ideal for individuals and their families: Free quote!
http://tags.bluebottle.com/fc/BgLEQfI7wQwTk0v62OfocKF8ZSOs4kYdLS7g/