Re: apt-listbugs not working

Kamaraju Kusumanchi(kamaraju@bluebottle.com) is reported to have said:
> For some reason apt-listbugs is not working on Debian Etch (testing). Is it a
> temporary error or something that needs a bug report to be filed?
>

> $sudo apt-get install kmail
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
>   libpng12-0 libpng12-dev
> Suggested packages:
>   clamav f-prot-installer
>   kmail libpng12-0 libpng12-dev
> 3 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 892 not upgraded.
> Need to get 0B/2585kB of archives.
> After unpacking 4096B disk space will be freed.
> Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
> Reading package fields... Done
> Reading package status... Done
> Retrieving bug reports... 0% W: syntax error
> Error retrieving bug reports
> Retry downloading bug information?[Y/n]? n
> Abort the installation[Y/n]?
>  ... E: Exiting with error
> E: Sub-process if dpkg -s apt-listbugs | grep -q '^Status: .* ok installed';
> then /usr/sbin/apt-listbugs apt || ( test $? -ne 10 || exit 10;
> echo 'Warning: apt-listbugs exited abnormally, hit enter key to continue.'
> 1>&2 ; read a < /dev/tty ); fi returned an error code (10)
> E: Failure running script if dpkg -s apt-listbugs | grep -q '^Status: .* ok
> installed'; then /usr/sbin/apt-listbugs apt || ( test $? -ne 10 || exit 10;
> echo 'Warning: apt-listbugs exited abnormally, hit enter key to continue.'
> 1>&2 ; read a < /dev/tty ); fi

I am running apt-listbugs 0.0.69 on testing.  In my case it doesn't
seem to be requesting info from the server, or the server is just
ignoring the request.  I just sits there and, after about a minute,
gives the "Retry downloading bug information?[Y/n]?" query.  To
complete the installation just answer n and n.  I do not see the
"syntax error" you show.

Small complaint.  The "Retrieving bug reports... 0%" replaced the,
IMHO, the more informative "Retrieving bug reports... 0% [0/3]" for
some reason.  On dialup I really miss the [0/x].  The way it is now, I
have to keep looking at the modem to see if it's working, or not.
Lately it hasn't been.

Wayne

--
Basic, n.:
        A programming language.  Related to certain social diseases in