Re: netatalk puzzle

Le dimanche 31 décembre 2006 05:07, Paul E Condon a écrit :
> On Sun, Dec 31, 2006 at 01:27:58AM +0100, Gilles Mocellin wrote:
[...]
> > Certainly the CNID database which is corrupted...
> > remove all .AppleDB directories :
> > # find /bg4 -type d -name .AppleDB -exec rm -rf {} \;
> > And restart netatalk.
> >
> > We must do it too often here :-(
>
> That fixed the problem. Thanks! But what does 'CNID' stand for? I noticed
> when I restarted netatalk there was mention of cnid_metad in the list of
> appletalk deamons that I had not noticed before. Has it always been there?
> What does it do? Would it be appropriate to include your magic line of code
> in the restart script for netatalk?

It will be a bit radical, no ? If it's here, it's perhaps usefull !

These database files contains Apple informations (metadata), which can't be
handeled by the filesystem itself.
A sort of ressource file but with other informations. I don't know exactlty...

The documentation explains the role of CNID, I don't remember clearly now.